Trip to NYC was fun. I got to see everyone I really wanted to. Didn't do anything really crazy or fun but that's because I lived there and didn't really feel like doing any of the touristy type things. Also didn't do the whole stay out until 4:00 a.m. NYC thing since I've been there and done that. Really just met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and had lunch or dinner. I miss my New York friends.
However, going back to the city convinced me of one thing, I was absolutely right to move back. Here is a partial list of why I never liked living in NYC.
- It's way too crowded. People bump into you and don't say "I'm sorry".
- Drivers are way too impatient. You can be stuck with 20 cars in front of you but the driver behind you insist on honking at you anyway.
- There always seems to be a police or ambulance siren.
- I pay 1/2 in rent what my other friends pay and have 3x the apartment.
- You have to sit next to people you don't know in restaurants.
- I had to wait 45 minutes to get a table for brunch in a small little cafe.
- The subways are great but being a native California I felt I had to walk way too much.