I'm Back!

Thursday, October 16, 2003
Hi everyone! Sorry for the hiatus but I really didn't have internet access for a few days. For those who know me well know that I had withdrawal but now I'm back and feel much better.

Trip to NYC was fun. I got to see everyone I really wanted to. Didn't do anything really crazy or fun but that's because I lived there and didn't really feel like doing any of the touristy type things. Also didn't do the whole stay out until 4:00 a.m. NYC thing since I've been there and done that. Really just met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and had lunch or dinner. I miss my New York friends.

However, going back to the city convinced me of one thing, I was absolutely right to move back. Here is a partial list of why I never liked living in NYC.
  • It's way too crowded. People bump into you and don't say "I'm sorry".
  • Drivers are way too impatient. You can be stuck with 20 cars in front of you but the driver behind you insist on honking at you anyway.
  • There always seems to be a police or ambulance siren.
  • I pay 1/2 in rent what my other friends pay and have 3x the apartment.
  • You have to sit next to people you don't know in restaurants.
  • I had to wait 45 minutes to get a table for brunch in a small little cafe.
  • The subways are great but being a native California I felt I had to walk way too much.
I'm sure I could think of other things but those just came off of my head. Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of advantages, but being who I am I just don't think they are worth it. Sure, some people love to stay out until 4:00 a.m. and then hit a diner afterwards. Those people just aren't me.

0 comments: