Sony SXRD HDTV Hard to Find

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I've been in the HDTV market for a while. In fact, I have a post about it almost two and a half years ago. I finally decided to take the plunge and have the perfect TV for myself picked out, the 60" Sony SXRD. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for in a TV without being too expensive.

However, for the life of me, I can't find a place that has a price I'm willing to pay. I've seen the TV on sale for as low as $1650, but now I can't really find a place that, with shipping and taxes calculated, comes in for less than $1950. I could still afford the $1950, but it bothers me that I know it can be had for less. I just can't believe how hard it is to find. I would love it if Amazon would get it back in stock, but they have been sold out for over a month.

Having just moved into my new place, I really want to buy a new TV. I don't even have cable yet, because I'm waiting to buy this TV. But because I can't find it for the price I want to pay, I wait. Should I just suck it up and buy it, or should I be patient and wait for it?

Update: Sony killed this TV. While sad, I had to move on. I decided to get a Panasonic 50PZ800U. The set is fantastic and I think I might be happier with it than I would have been with the Sony SXRD

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You should find a friend who works for Sony and get the employee discount. That's what Joey did for my dad's TV.

T said...

But I don't know anyone who works at Sony :(

Unknown said...

I hate to tell you this, but as good as this TV is Sony is dropping the line becuase most people want a flat screen over a quality picture. What a shame this TV has won rave reviews by all of the trades. Unfortunately it's a matter of gimick over quality.

T said...

yeah, I knew they were dropping the TV, but was hoping to get one while I could. I've moved on and decided I would probably have to get a plasma TV. I didn't want to get a TV when support for it was going to the wayside.