Why I liked Field Trips

Friday, March 27, 2009
Yesterday, as I walked past a group of kids on a field trip, I had a flashback to my childhood. I suddenly recalled a major reason I liked field trips when I was growing up and it makes so little sense to me now in retrospect.

When I was growing up, my elementary school did not allow us to bring sodas in our lunch. This was particularly frustrating for me since I was a sugar fiend and they were easy for me to get since my father had mountains of soda for his restaurant.

However, this rule did not apply to us when we went of field trips. For whatever reason, we were allowed to bring cans of soda in our lunch when we were not going to school and were instead going on a field trip. Why on earth would my school make this distinction. I can understand why they would not want kids drinking soda. Besides the health issues, you get hyperactive kids if they are drinking a ton of soda.

But why would they allow it on field trips? Was it ok that I was rowdy on the bus? Did they not care if I was all hyped up in public since I was not as much their problem?

1 comments:

Professional Pest Control Supplies said...

I guess we have to blame the marketers for being so creative and convincing.