In The Beginning

Wednesday, April 21, 2004
This is the start of a blog that should make you all think. The purpose of this blog is to talk about various topics and make you think about if what you believe is really right. So often I find that people accept as their own beliefs what they have been taught to think, either by their parents or by society. I will admit that I have been guilty of such acts and continue to be even as I write this. But as I journey down the path of my life I find that when I actually sit and think about certain things I use to take as givens I end up discovering I was completely wrong.

The use of your mind is not automatic. You must exercise your own mind if you ever really want to uncover what is right and wrong. Don't take what I say as truth. Just think about what I have to say and determine for yourself the veracity of my statements.

To see where I am coming from you must understand the man writing this. I'm a male in his mid-twenties. I'm Asian and I have a job as manager for a technology company. I was not raised in a wealthy family by any stretch of the imagination but I did grow up in a nice middle class neighborhood. My mom struggled to put me through college. I attended an Ivy League university by obtaining scholarships and taking out loans. I do not have a political affiliation but I tend to vote Democratic. If I had to describe my political bent I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative but I refuse to be pigeon-holed into any sort of ideology. I am a man who takes each topic on a case by case basis and try to find my own truth in the situation. I'm avid sports fan and follow most of the major American sports.

0 comments: