Lasik update - Four years later

Monday, November 19, 2007
I have been really bad about going to the optometrist to get my eyes check since I have had Lasik. Really you should go every year just to be sure that your eyes are OK. I haven't been to the Optometrist in well over two years, and I was due to go.

Since my insurance was almost up, I decided to just go. Considering MS employees pay absolutely nothing to go to any doctor, you figure I would have done it sooner. Oh well. Turns out, I actually have a slight astigmatism now. I didn't have an astigmatism before Dr. Assil performed Lasik on me. It's small enough that I didn't end up filling my prescription for new eyeglasses, but I probably will as soon as I start a new job and get some insurance again. It only somewhat bothers me at night when I drive, but it's probably worth it for just that.

For the Full story you probably want to follow the following link:

All Lasik Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a little astigmatism too, the doctors told me that it could be from eye rubbing after my lasik surgery. As I get older, the astigmatism actually helps with my reading. I had lasik with Dr. Assil and could not have chosedn a better doctor to do my surgery.

T said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with me and for other people. I myself, despite my slight astigmatism, am very happy with it all. I love being able to live without glasses or contacts, and believe it to be one of the best things I've ever done for myself.