You must be joking

Tuesday, July 15, 2003
I don't understand religious conservatives sometimes. Most religious people I know are kind and compassionate so I guess its just a few of the crazys that get my attention.

Pat Robertson recently requested that his audience pray for the "removal" of three justices from the Court in the wake of its ruling that decriminalized sodomy. The three justices he refers to are of course liberal. He states, "One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

I mean seriously. Whatever your beliefs are and how you feel about the ruling that is no reason to pray for the "removal" of three judges from the Supreme Court. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he is basically asking God to do something to get rid of three sick people on the court. Do you really think God would do something like that? If that was his plan and God chose to interfere wouldn't he just not let those people on the Court in the first place? Wouldn't that have been easier than just killing them to remove them?

0 comments: