Relationship Advice

Monday, January 24, 2005
I think it is odd the amount of relationship advice other people feel they need to give you. I am probably guilty of it myself but I think it is odd how much people are willing to offer up when they themselves aren't in good relationships.

If I ask for relationship advice, then by all means give it to me. But if I didn't ask you, please don't give it to me unless you yourself are in a happy long term relationship with no drama to speak of. This applies to very few people, so in other words don't give it to me.

I am by no means a relationship expert, nor do I pretend to be. But so many people I know act as if they have all the answers to all the relationship problems of the world yet they themselves are single or otherwise miserable. For those who I have offered relationship advice when none was asked for I apologize. From now on feel free to tell me to shut my pie-hole whenever I give you unsolicited advice. No offense will be taken.

2 comments:

Kat said...

yeah i DO know it all. i read that book. ;)

David Cho said...

Here is my advice (unsolicited, of course). Don't follow other people's advice.

Okay, so if you reject my advice not to follow other people's advice, then you are indeed following my advice. Then again, if you accept my advice, then you are rejecting other people's advice which means you are rejecting my advice.

Got it?